Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Betty Will Steal Your Heart

Hi, my name is Betty! I'm a sweet and sassy little gal. By little, I mean I'm quite petite, and weigh less than 40 lbs. I'm a very lucky girl to have found a wonderful foster mom in Arkansas. My former owner brought me to a rural MO shelter, and asked the folks to put me down. He said all he wanted from me was a litter of pups, and I delivered. Once my pups were weaned, he decided I was of no use to him.

Well, the folks at the shelter could tell I was a very special girl so they refused to put me down right away. At first, I was very depressed at the shelter, and was looking all around for my puppies, but couldn't find them anywhere. My new friends at the shelter got in touch with GSP Rescue, so now I'm safe and happy in my foster home.

I get along with everyone I meet. I absolutely ADORE the company of other dogs, and would love to have a canine companion in my new home. I love people too, and never meet a stranger. I love to take long walks in the woods and my foster mom says I have a lot of energy...it takes a while to tire me out. So, an active playmate would be a great match for me.

I am learning house manners, and haven't had any accidents in my foster home. I'm quiet and well behaved in my crate also (I try so hard to be a good girl). My foster mom doesn't have any cats, so she's not sure if I could live with a cat or not. Probably better not to take a chance, as I might like to chase cats.

I'm up-to-date on my vaccinations, spayed and I'm heartworm negative. The rescue has some great contacts for transportation, so don't let my Arkansas location deter you if you live elsewhere and you'd like to learn more about me. I'm hoping to find my forever home soon, so please write to Michelle if you would like more information on adoption: msalyers@gsprescuene.org.

No comments: